So you are unable to change the hosts file in windows vista. eh ? Mr. gill bates made it secure(as they believe), well it is secure just for the local user and nothing else.. Anyways, to change the hosts, you got do a little linux kinda appraoch..
Press start type notepad and when you see notepad on the menu, right click it and press “Run as Administrator”
not click File>Open and goto c:windowssystem32driversetc and open hosts file. you can always do all files in the file type option.
now you can always edit the hosts and save it as per you requirement. 🙂
Follow the steps to quickly do the above said ::
1) ) Browse to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories
2) Right click “Notepad” and select “Run as administrator”
3) Click “Continue” on the UAC prompt
4) Click File -> Open
5) Browse to “C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc”
6) Change the file filter drop down box from “Text Documents (*.txt)” to “All Files (*.*)”
7) Select “hosts” and click “Open”
8 ) Make the needed changes and save the file