you took a cool breath when you searched this on google, right ? well yeah.. lotsa of my friends have been poking me lately cause they think i infected their Laptops/PC when they were not around .. hahahah.. that adds devil smile on my face, cause i did not do it but they are so sure that i did it .. Cant make them understand, so the only way to make them realize is that i took the infected pen drive of my friend to my place and started discovering what happened basically..
So googled about the symptoms i found that this is a worm known as
As the name specifies it spreads from USB drives to and fro 😀
now how do you tackle it.. A quick way for orkut addicted those who want a quick access to orkut is as follows..
1) Press alt+ctrl+del and goto processes tab
2) There you will see a list of processes under the different username, arrange the processes according to your username and search for the process svchost.exe
3) Right click and end process or end process tree.. Make sure you end the imagename or process which are under your username and not that which are under LOCAL SERVICE OR NETWORK SERVICE.
4)This gives you instant access to orkut..
A Similar of this variant gives you error on opening firefox.
“I DNT HATE MOZILLA BUT USE IE OR ELSE…”, “USE INTERNET EXPLORER U DOPE”,
The above 4 Steps solution works for the same..
Now a fix to permanently get rid of this nuisance, this pulls the interest of my friends who called me up and took help to access their orkut accounts instantly..
Follow as :-
REPEAT THE ABOVE 4 STEPS AND THEN CONTINUE.
5) Click start->run type c:heap41a and press Enter. You cannot find this folder by looking through windows explores i.e. My Computer, as this is a hidden folder.
6) Delete all the files under this folder by pressing ctrl+a followed by shift+del key
7) Now again goto Start->Run and write regedit, this opens registry editor for you.
8) Press ctrl+f , a find dialog box opens, type heap41a and let it show you some results
9) You should see “[winlogon] C:heap41asvchost.exe C:heap(some number)std.txt”
10) Now delete whatever you see there 😀 cause you love orkut .. hahahah
Well your PC/LP is cleaned up and now you can open your orkut account without that nuisance.
Make sure you delete all the .exe files which are present at the root of ur pendrive which got created automatically(which you never created) . Rather scan your pen drive with a good antivirus.. That should allow you stealth your PC from the attack of MUHAHA 😀
Well this worm/virus removes hidden folder options or you are unable to see hidden folders. so enable the hidden folder option follow the steps as :-
1. Goto Start->run type regedit again to open registry editor
2.traverse as HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesExplorer3.
4)There you will see a DWORD key as “NoFolderOptions” . Set its value to 0 or simply delete it
vola !! there you go charmy.. you are a geek now 😛
Enjoy life 😀
Share your experiences so that future users come to know what you did and how powerful this solution is ?
ishatpreet singhSeptember 23, 2007 at 11:06 am
azeemNovember 1, 2007 at 9:45 am
thank you bro for the solution i am great thankful to u since i love orkut ……………
nidhinNovember 8, 2007 at 11:57 pm
Thank u soooooooooo much
MRKNovember 9, 2007 at 1:28 am
It’s really good. The solution is successfully working. It’s helped to my friends and me. The step are really clear.
NehaNovember 26, 2007 at 12:24 pm
Thanks a lot dude….its working fine….
suhail khanDecember 7, 2007 at 11:04 pm
thank u very much for ur help. it was really helpful.
suryaDecember 29, 2007 at 7:56 pm
NisargJanuary 14, 2008 at 8:08 pm
Thank u very much….
rahulJanuary 15, 2008 at 6:16 pm
thanx dude, it was of grt help…but i still can’t c the hidden folders how can i restore the registry
The RealinJanuary 16, 2008 at 11:20 pm
the above registry tweak to show hidden folders work really well.. and should work for you..
let me know if u still got any probs
ThilinaJanuary 23, 2008 at 10:09 pm
thank you….. now i can use firefox but i still have a problem, i can’t see my hide files it’s not working. pls help me….
NaaniFebruary 11, 2008 at 8:45 pm
Really Good one Bro. . . .
Explanation is very clear.
BHARATFebruary 22, 2008 at 8:17 pm
that really worked ..
manishMarch 28, 2008 at 1:54 pm
AbhijitApril 23, 2008 at 5:04 pm
Thanks buddy!!!! really helpful n steps are very clear and concise.
PareshMay 14, 2008 at 6:32 pm
Hey thanx a ton man.
It really working now
RaviAugust 18, 2008 at 9:18 am
good info…it will help many to tackle the problem..
anuOctober 8, 2008 at 1:27 am
thx a lot 4 such a valueable guidance.. 🙂
The RealinOctober 9, 2008 at 8:11 am
My pleasure to help you guys 🙂
vikasAugust 28, 2009 at 5:39 pm
thanks man….my boss is in love with me.
Comments are closed.